Delight young children with real tools that let them handle age-appropriate tasks "all by myself!" The child-size items featured in For Small Hands give children the means to pour their own juice or rake leaves by your side, purposeful "work" that supports self-confidence and independence.
This unique catalog brings together hard-to-find games, toys, and resources that provide young children with enriching opportunities to develop the basic skills they need for later academic learning.
* Child-Size Tools - Garden rakes, brooms, mops, woodworking tools, and kitchen utensils made to fit small hands are the stars of this catalog. This may be the widest range of child-size dishes, pots and pans, garden tools and baking gear available all in one place. The scaled-down supplies are perfect for pretend play and made well enough for real cooking, gardening, and woodworking.
* Learning Toys - From classic memory games and fact cards to puzzles, blocks, models, and building toys, the range of choices for children ages 3 to 8 is amazing. These toys offer young children absorbing opportunities to learn as they play. Choices explore color, shape, size, pattern, geometry, gravity, balance, cause-and-effect, the seasons, nature, animals, geography, and more.
* Books - Ranging from board books for toddlers, picture dictionaries for early readers, to science books for elementary-age learners, this appealing collection of superior books covers topics of keen interest to children. Books are selected for their high-quality artwork (fine art, natural history style illustrations, or cultural photos) and engaging text (stories, verse, or fun facts.)
* Nature & Science - The special emphasis on supporting hands-on activities with related learning resources makes science for children up to age 8 educational, fascinating, and fun. Along with a worm habitat, for example, For Small Hands offers magnifiers for observing worms, plus story and fact books about them. There are many choices for learning about plants, animals, space, Earth, ecology, the seasons, and even physics.
* Cooperative Games - Find out how much more fun games are when everyone wins! For Small Hands features a range of board games that present challenges players overcome most easily by working together. Children love the familiar game elements and they learn from creative problem-solving and collaboration, too. Hard-to-find guides and supplies for cooperative active and outdoor play are also available.
* Music & Art - Discover an unusual collection of scaled-down, child-size percussion instruments from around the world, top-quality European art supplies, craft kits, and beautifully drawn (or photographed) books and fact cards for fine art appreciation.
From a pitcher to fit small hands and a working stethoscope, to open-ended crafts and cooperative games, every item in the For Small Hands catalog is chosen to support age-appropriate learning and enrich the developing child. New items are added to the website year round; the printed catalog is published annually in September.